6/9/07

Part Three, Maine Man

I'll bet you'll never figure out where that was. Never. Okay, well if you didn't it was Niagara Falls. The picture came out better than I thought it would, surprisingly.







There I am at the mysterious Mystery Spot. Why am I standing like that? I thought I was standing straight up. It felt like I was, because its the mystery spot. And I watched water roll up that board behind me. Yeah, UP that thing. Which is actually at a different angle, because my camera was being held at a weird angle when that was taken. There is some sort of weird gravitation anomaly there, or something. Either that or its all a trick, but I don't think it is, at least not all of it, though there are parts that are tricky.

I stayed at the Happiness Inn. Which is not the happiest place to stay. It wasn't that bad, but there was a hole in the wall, a bug in the bathtub, and bars on the windows. But it was late and I was in a hurry to find a place to stay for the night and it was the first place I found. I didn't see the sign till the morning, and by then I thought it was some sort of sarcastic joke as I was kept up all night by a banging radiator pipe.

This was in Canada. And it was awesome.

The books stores in Portland, ME are amazing. Books from floor to ceiling, and piles on the ground. You can barely move. Its like walking into a raging party, only all the guests are books, and they aren't drunk. Or dancing. Just sitting peacefully. So more like a boring party. But books! So many books!

I'm staying in Maine for another night, I've been here the past two days. I'm a little tired of driving, still trying to get the energy back up. I'll probably post in a day or two. With more of my delightful insight. So wonderfully delightful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Falls.....And the Happiness Inn...... You couldn't make this up. I want to know the REAL story behind The Mystery Spot. Where is it?
oxoxoxooxo YFM

Cheb said...

Sounds pretty frackin' awesome, dude.